Walking is one of the exercises that can be practiced by different age groups, but what are the benefits of practicing walking exercises at home? How can you walk at home? What are the general tips to be followed? Here is an explanation for that:
What are the benefits of walking exercises at home?
Here is an explanation of the most important benefits of walking:
- Burn calories and lose weight.
- Strengthening the heart muscle.
- Lowering blood sugar levels.
- Reducing joint pain.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Increase energy in the body.
- Life extension.
- Strengthening the leg muscles.
- Bone strengthening.
How can you do walking exercises at home?
Here is an explanation of the ways to do walking exercises at home:
Here is an explanation of the steps for applying the actual walking exercise at home:
- Define your walking path at home so that you can move without hitting furniture or walls, and it is preferable to adopt corridors or rooms with large areas that do not contain a lot of decoration.
- Rely on going up and down the stairs if he is at home, with the aim of diversifying the exercise
- You can talk on the mobile phone or the headset during the exercise so that you do not get bored.
- Start by walking the usual way and varying speeds.
walk in place
This method is suitable for confined spaces, and can be applied by following the following steps:
- Adopt anywhere in the house that you can move 3 steps out of 4 directions.
- Do warm-up exercises by walking in your place at a moderate pace that is not exaggerated for 30 seconds, and during walking, raise the hands to the top of the head and lower them in harmony with raising the knee to the level of the hip and switching with the other during that, and it is worth noting that this movement contributes to raising the level of beats heart gradually.
- Take 3 steps left, then 3 steps right, then 3 back, and finally 3 forward, and finish with one squat.
- Repeat walking in your place for a new 30 seconds, and then stand with the space between the feet so that the distance between them becomes wider than the hips, then return one foot behind the other and tap the ground with your fingers, and finally switch with the other leg with the need to repeat this movement 8 times for each man.
- Walk back for another 30 seconds and take two steps to the left and kick the left leg forward, then take two steps to the right and kick the right leg forward and continue to repeat this exercise for 5 minutes.
- Practice the previous exercises by combining them with increasing speed and continuing for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Return to the walking position in the place with the application of the movement in point No. 4, but calmly and slowly, and it is worth noting the need to conclude the exercise with this movement until the heart rate returns to its normal level.
General tips that can be adopted when practicing walking exercises
Here are a number of general tips that can be adopted when practicing walking at home:
- Listen to fast paced music to motivate you to take a brisk walk and thus increase the number of calories burned.
- Wear athletic shoes while doing home walking exercises.
- Drink plenty of water before, after and during your workout.
- Walk at least three times.