Subcutaneous fat in the face indicates the presence of subcutaneous fat in the body as a whole, but some people may not like having a face full of fat, so if you want to get rid of such fat, you should read the following article.
What are the causes of the accumulation of subcutaneous fat in the face?
Sometimes the face may seem round and full of fat, but in many cases it is not the subcutaneous fat that is the cause, but it may be the increase in the hormone cortisol that leads to the appearance of the moon face. In such cases, the doctor orders blood and urine tests. To check that this hormone is high.
In addition, there are a number of reasons that may lead to the accumulation of subcutaneous fat on the face, which may sometimes lead to what is known as a double chin. Examples of these reasons are:
- getting oldCollagen decreases with age, allowing the skin to sag and accumulate fat under it.
- overweightWeight gain leads to the accumulation of subcutaneous fat in various parts of the body, including the face.
- postureSome reading positions from the phone or laptop help to weaken the muscle that connects the neck to the chin, which leads to sagging and increases the chance of fat under it.
- genesThe spread of subcutaneous fat on the face is noted, especially when talking about a double chin among members of the same family.
How do I get rid of subcutaneous fat in the face?
There are a number of ways that may help you get rid of subcutaneous fat on the face, such as:
1. Cardio exercise
Exercises that focus on increasing the heart rate, such as: aerobic exercises or resistance exercises, help burn fat in general, although there is no research focusing on the extent to which these exercises are able to get rid of subcutaneous fat on the face, but It was inferred from the ability of such exercises to burn body fat in general.
2. Facial exercises
Some studies indicated that facial exercises may help in tightening and strengthening the facial muscles, and although such research did not focus on the possibility of burning subcutaneous fat in the face, it confirmed that such exercises are able to show the face more tightly.
3. Limit alcohol consumption
Alcohol is devoid of calories, which invites a person to eat more, which may increase body fat in general, including subcutaneous fat in the face, and some research has indicated that alcohol negatively affects hormones that help increase the feeling of satiety, which Increases a person’s appetite for food, so it is recommended to limit alcohol consumption.
4. Drinking water
Some studies indicate that drinking water helps the body burn stored fat, which may help get rid of subcutaneous fat on the face, and other research has indicated that drinking a glass of water before a meal helps reduce calories consumed.
5. Sleeping enough hours
Sleep disturbances negatively affect the hormones of feeling full and appetite, as lack of sleep may increase the hormone ghrelin, the hormone responsible for feeling hungry, and may reduce the hormone leptin, the hormone responsible for feeling full.
6. Avoid certain foods
It is advised to avoid eating processed foods, as they contain large amounts of sugar, which leads to an increase in a person’s food intake. Examples of such processed foods include:
In some cases, especially when talking about a double chin, the cause of the accumulation of fat under the skin in the face may be genetic, so other treatments, such as: exercise, will not be able to provide a solution. In such cases, the doctor may resort to facial contouring surgery.
How can the increase in subcutaneous fat in the face be prevented?
After we talked about ways that may help get rid of subcutaneous fat on the face, we will move on to talking about some preventive methods, such as:
- Exercising regularly and periodically.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in lean proteins, vegetables, and fruits.
- Stay away from sugary drinks, such as: juices, soft drinks, and energy drinks.
Cosmetic tips to hide subcutaneous fat on the face
During the period of getting rid of subcutaneous fat on the face, you can follow some cosmetic tricks in order to hide it, such as:
- Applying bronzer to the hollows of the cheeks and applying blush to the top of the cheeks may help the face appear less plump.
- Using a bronzer two shades darker than your skin tone may help your face appear less plump.
- Focusing on eye makeup may take the focus off the fullness of the face.