Let’s find out in what comes the truth about ginseng pills for weight gain? In addition to important information about the benefits of ginseng and ways to gain weight naturally:
Can ginseng pills be used to gain weight?
The answer to this question is no, as many companies promote the importance of these pills in increasing the weight of beekeepers and giving them many health benefits, but scientific studies have proven the opposite, which is that ginseng and ginseng pills in general reduce weight.
In the following, two scientific studies will be mentioned that demonstrated the importance of ginseng to reduce weight, not increase it:
1. First study
A study evaluated the effects of ginseng on both the way food is digested and the absorption systems in the body, and the study resulted in all of the following:
- Ginsenosides, one of the compounds found in ginseng, can increase energy consumption by stimulating the activating pathway of adenosine monophosphate, and this energy consumption leads to fat burning and weight reduction.
- Ginseng has a bidirectional modulating effect on lipogenesis, especially in obese and diabetic subjects due to a high-fat diet.
2. The second study
The results of this study are completely similar to the results of the previous study, but they added some information regarding ginseng and weight loss, namely:
- Ginseng’s ability to reduce weight varies according to its type, as each type contains a specific amount of ginsenosides, and the less this compound is, the less the effect of ginseng for weight loss.
- The method of extracting ginseng did not affect the effectiveness of this herb in reducing weight.
Benefits of ginseng pills
After getting to know the truth about ginseng pills for weight gain, let’s learn about the potential benefits of ginseng in the following:
1. Boost immunity
It has been found that ginseng may boost the immune system, as a certain type of ginseng extract, especially American ginseng, may reduce the severity of colds in adults.
2. Regulating blood sugar
It was found that ginseng may lower blood sugar levels, so be careful not to take ginseng pills with diabetes medications, in order to reduce the occurrence of a significant drop in sugar leading to severe symptoms that may reach the point of coma.
3. Memory improvement
Ginseng may enhance focus and learning, especially if taken with ginkgo leaf extract.
4. Mood improvement
A study found that ginseng improves mood and reduces stress and anxiety, due to its ability to alter the immune response and hormonal changes caused by stress, thus maintaining balance, due to the ability of ginseng to improve the performance of the pituitary gland.
5. Other benefits of ginseng
Other benefits of ginseng were that it may contribute to the following:
- Reducing the possibility of developing cancer.
- Erectile dysfunction treatment.
- Lowering high blood pressure.
- Reducing menopausal symptoms.
- Reducing tiredness and fatigue.
Natural ways to gain weight
Since ginseng pills for weight gain are not real, we offer you in the following a group of ways to gain weight naturally:
1. Drink milk
It was found that drinking milk, especially after exercising, increases weight significantly if it is continued for a long time.
2. Eat nuts
Eating a handful of nuts a day increases weight, and they also offer many other health benefits as they are rich in unsaturated fats and antioxidants.
3. Eat starchy foods
Starchy foods increase muscle mass as well as fat tissue in the body, so eating one of them a day increases weight. Examples of these foods include:
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Whole wheat cereal.
4. Doing bodybuilding exercises
Practicing bodybuilding exercises aims to gain weight in a healthy way, because sports depend on increasing muscle mass in the body, not fat mass, and this is very beneficial for the health of the body.